If you would like to discuss your requirements then please contact us
Durasill Synthetic Door Sills
Availability: In stock
RAM Extrusion's Durasill synthetic sills are high performance door sills that do not rot, warp or distort. Our sills are strong, hard wearing, durable, are available in a variety of colours if required and most importantly they look excellent. Our customers know that the integrity of the material will not let them or their end user down. Durasill products have been specifically designed as a direct replacement for timber tread thresholds.
142mm x 25mm
143mm x 43mm
170mm x 25mm
170mm x 45mm
- Durasill is guaranteed not to warp, shrink or distort. There is no stress crack 'splintering' and these sills far outperform the life expectancy of commercially available timbers.
- Durasill thresholds can be screwed, pinned or secured using common building adhesives or cement fixed, when being semi-cast in the floor slab.
- Durasill thresholds can be routed, sawn and sanded just like timber and is suitable for use on exterior and interior pedestrian doorsets. They can be machined to accommodate a rebated weatherbar or a secondary fit threshold seal.
- Durasill thresholds are compatible with alcoxy and acetoxy silicones, cement mortars and other common building materials.
- All Durasill products are inspected and tested to ensure that they are manufactured defect free and conform to manufacturing tolerances.
- Durasill thresholds have excellent thermal insulation and thermal break properties.
- Durasill is available in two different styles and each style is available in 2 sizes; Standard Door Sill and Easy Access Door Sill.
Durasill thresholds can be used during the fabrication of the doorset assembly or alternatively as a replacement for damaged or warped sills, which have deteriorated due to weathering or damage sustained by pedestrian traffic. Durasill material offers superior performance and low maintenance by comparison to high density timbers; Durasill is non-hygroscopic and will not absorb moisture. The life cycle of the product is therefore extended and eliminates the need for an impermeable barrier or membrane during installation. Durasill thresholds have a highly durable outer skin with a glassine finish which can be installed untreated or painted.