RAM Extrusion are proud to support Mere Plantations in reforestation of degraded forest land. Mere Plantations grow Tectona Grandis (Teak) due to the resilience of the tree, and the high value of the associated timber. Mere grow timber for its own business, as well as contract grow for companies and institutions.
We either take responsibility for our actions, or we leave it to others. Trees are the lungs of our planet, acting as filters of the atmosphere by taking in harmful pollutants such as carbon monoxide, locking them away in the body of the tree, and releasing oxygen.
It is said we are the first generation to understand the damage we are causing to the planet. It is said we are the last generation that can do anything about it.
- To cultivate plantation teak in an ecologically responsible and economically rewarding manner.
- Provide ecological forest restoration with the view to improving environmental management in degraded landscapes.
- Provide quality rural employment and contribute to improving household incomes.
- Improve the national income by way of taxes and social security contributions, and levies from timber exports.
- Contribute to the development of communities around the project area by supporting infrastructure development.